Home Care Packages (HCP)
If you, or someone you care about, needs extra support to live safely at home, a Home Care Package could help get life back on track.
What is a Home Care Package?
Home Care Packages (HCP) are the federal government’s way of funding services for older people who have complex care needs, but who still want to live independently. They’re designed to be flexible and to provide support across a range of areas, including:
- personal care
- meal preparation
- cleaning and
- wound management
- continence care
- taking part in social activities
Home Care Packages can also include nursing, podiatry and allied health services.
Am I eligible for a Home Care Package?
To qualify, you must be 65 or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples) and need help with everyday tasks. Eligibility is assessed by My Aged Care, and is based on your health and wellbeing, mobility, independence and personal support networks.
What’s the process?
- The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will confirm your eligibility with an in-person assessment. This will also determine the level of care required – from level 1 for basic care needs to level 4 for high care needs.
You can register for an ACAT assessment through My Aged Care.
- As part of the process, you’ll be subject to a means assessment to establish how much (if anything) you’ll need to contribute to your own care.
- Once approved for your package, you’ll be placed in the national queue, which operates based on assessed priority and date of approval. This process can take up to 12 months.
Connect with our friendly team
- Time to design your care plan and choose your providers. Complete the below form or call Trilogy Care on 1300 459 190 to discover how we can help.