As a consumer or representative and you have made a purchase that is within the scope of your care plan or budget, you can submit a request to be compensated. If you are unsure if the goods or services you purchased can be submitted as a reimbursement request, call 1300 459 190 to speak to our team.
Learn how to submit a request by clicking on the button below:
How much can I claim?
You can submit invoices with receipts for payments for amounts which are equal to the amounts approved, and budgeted in your Care Plan. Any amount received which exceeds your outlined budget without prior authorisation will be denied, and you will receive an email with an explanation of why your request was denied.
A client has approval for a 4-wheeled walker. The recommended item can not be purchased on account and is required to be paid for upon delivery of the item. The client purchases the walker out of personal funds, and obtains a receipt for the total of $459.95. The receipt is then submitted, listing the reason for purchase and requests a reimbursement including their bank details in the reimbursement form.
What will happen next?
If the request is accepted, it will then be processed in the next available pay run. On the other hand, if the request is denied, you will be notified in an email which will include a reason as to why your request has been denied.
Why would my request be denied?
Reimbursement requests are designed primarily for when a consumer purchases goods (products) not for care services. Care Services provided can generally be submitted as a bill. Reimbursement requests can be denied due to the following reasons:
- The item purchased are not included in your Care Plan or Budget, or has not been approved by your Case Manager.
- The invoice and receipt supplied are not from a legitimately registered Australian business, or the invoice/receipt is not legible.
- You have failed to submit an invoice to provide a legitimate proof of payment, in the form of a valid receipt showing full payment received for the product/item purchased.
- Your current Home Care Package has insufficient funds to cover the purchase or you have overspent on the allocated budget within your Care Plan for the product you are claiming for.
- The product or service you have purchased is an exclusion of the Home Care Package program.
- The reimbursement submitted is for services rendered which should always be submitted as a Bill from the Provider.
- Providers must register with Trilogy Care, submit all required compliance documentation, and receive a Notice of Verification prior to supplying any services which can be paid for by the Home Care Package.